FCCT Proudly Presents: Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach
Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach is now a musical for the whole family to enjoy! Featuring a wickedly tuneful score by the Tony Award-nominated team of Pasek and Paul (Dogfight and A Christmas Story the Musical) and a curiously quirky book by Timothy Allen McDonald (Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka, The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley), critics rave: James and the Giant Peach is a "masterpeach!"
- Friday November 15, 2019 @ 10a
- Friday November 15, 2019 @ 7p
- Saturday November 16, 2019 @ 2p
- Saturday November 16, 2019 @ 7p
- Sunday November 17, 2019 @ 2p
- For your musical audition, please prepare: two contrasting songs, 16-32 bars in length, in the style of the show. Please bring Sheet music
in the appropriate key with cuts marked. Accompanist is provided; no CD tracks or a capella please. Songs from the show are not required,
but acceptable. Some singers may be asked to demonstrate their vocal range through basic vocal exercises.
- You must also prepare a one-minute comedic monologue from a published play. Show character and strong choices with your piece.
- Bring clothing and shoes for movement for call-backs
- For the safety of children who are entrusted to our organization during their time with us.
- To provide a way for FCCT to ensure we are hiring employees and obtaining volunteers who have children’s best interest in mind.
- To abide by guidelines that are already in place at theatre companies all over the country.
- Have you been convicted of any felonies relating to weapons or harming others?
- Have you been charged with any crime related to inappropriate behavior with children?
- Lalahlord – Strange, magical storyteller, moves action forward
- James – Lonely orphan boy, lacks confidence, feels he doesn’t belong anywhere. When given the right encouragement he becomes resourceful
and innovative. A good friend.
- Spiker – James’ mean aunt, a thief and scoundrel. Shrewd, tall and thin
- Sponge – Other mean aunt, also a scoundrel, not as bright, mind often on food.
- Spider – Normal spider who has become human sized after eating a crocodile tongue. Her husband was killed and eaten by Spiker and Sponge.
Warm and friendly to James.
- Grasshopper – Wizened grasshopper also human-sized. Excellent musician, he has his eye on Ladybug.
- Ladybug – A motherly human-sized ladybug, respectable and classy with a warm, caring heart. She has her eye on Grasshopper.
- Earthworm – Human-sized worm who is a bit of a scaredy-cat. He is neurotic and worried about everything, but friendly and brave when called
- Centipede – An ornery human-sized insect who hates humans, in part because the aunts fumigated his family. Prickly and rude, everyone thinks
he is a pest.
- Ensemble Roles: 16 to 18 folks taking on multiple characters. A few spoken lines, but mostly singing and dancing, included in 10 of the
- Crowd – Full ensemble song and dance scenes, (made up of reporters, vagrants, agents, etc.)
- Matron Nurse – Cares for James in orphanage opening scenes, then will take on other roles
- Mr/Mrs. Trotter – Nightmare scene of how James became an orphan. May be a mimed/dance scene
- Rhino – Part of nightmare, could be projection, or puppet, or dancer
- Karl Kreatour – Crowd character, an agent, a shark
- Billy and Bobby Cops – part of crowd scenes
- Vagrants – Part of aunts’ thievery scene – 3 solo parts
- Garden Guild – Bitsy Botana and her society ladies
- Reporters – Coming to report on the aunts’ giant peach
- Hollywood Agents – Like “Buzz” Bringing contracts to make aunts famous for the peach
- Garden Ensemble – Back up singers /dancers for magic bag scene
- Ship Cruise Ensemble – On board with the aunts in search of the peach
- Sharks – circle and attack the peach
- Seagulls – Are lured to the peach by the juicy earthworm, and attached to lift it away from the sharks
- New Yorkers – full ensemble, same as crowd, to watch the peach land in New York (includes Lucile VanKooglestein and Bunny MacKenzie III)
After you register, consider the Audition Workshop. Buy tickets here: 2019 Audition Workshop.
Log into Your Account
New here? Create and Account
Your account has been created. Close this popup and you're ready to go!